Recipes

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Skillet-Braised Sausage and Grapes

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
This recipe came to me watching a new episode of Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa show a couple of weeks ago. I do remember seeing this dish cooked on television before but I just cannot remember what show it was. So, I decided to do some research and the recipes I found go from very simple to quite complicated. It was then that I decided to combine the recipes that were rated the highest and came up with my own version of this dish. Truth be told, I was excited and yet, very wary about the way it will turn out but that fear was unfounded. My friends who shared the dish with me loved it. It was very good and is definitely worth a try. I used sausage links for this dish but an Italian sausage is the preferred sausage of choice. 

Skillet-Braised Sausage and Grapes
Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs

1 1/2 lb sausage links 
3 cups seedless green and red grapes
1/4 cup dry red wine
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil

1. In a skillet at medium 
    heat, add the oil and 
    once warm, add the 
    sausages. When the 
    sausages are browned, 
    add the red wine and 
    lower the heat to 
    medium low and cook for 20 minutes. 

2. Increase the heat to high and add the grapes and the balsamic vinegar. 
    Cook for about 10 minutes or until the grapes are cooked and softened 
    and the balsamic sauce has thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment