Recipes

Friday, October 5, 2012

Pork Moroccan Kebabs

Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
I already featured this dish using beef and featured as Kebab Koutbane. I essentially used the same recipe with a few changes in terms of spices. There wasn't anything wrong with the original recipe really. I just could not find the same spices here in the city where I live. I had my co-workers buy some of the spices but they ended up buying the wrong kind. I did not have the heart to tell them otherwise. 

Coriander is a pain to find here locally. Cilantro which is the plant from coriander tastes differently as a seed. The seed is a cross between a thyme and lemon so I ended up using dried thyme to at least give a hint of the missing coriander taste. I was also unsure if the marinate will translate well to pork which has a more bland flavor when not seasoned well so I upped it just a bit to make sure that the kebab will cook with the right amount of flavor. 

Pork Moroccan Kebabs

4 lbs pork meat, 1-inch dice
2 large onions, shredded
4 garlic cloves, grated
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp coarse salt
grape tomatoes

1. Marinate the pork in the oil, onions, garlic and spices. Leave it to marinate
    at room temperature for 3 hours. 

2. Skewer the seasoned pork in bamboo sticks and top with a tomato. Slather
    the leftover marinade over the kebabs before cooking on a charcoal spit. 

3. Cook until the meat is browned on all sides and serve immediately. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment