|Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Chicken Stew in Coconut Milk - Adapted*
2 - 3 lbs chicken pieces
2 chayotes, peeled, cored and sliced
4 garlic cloves, minded
1 inch ginger, peeled and minced
1 large onion, diced
3 cups fresh coconut milk
1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
4 tbsp vegetable oil
salt and pepper
1 tbsp fish sauce
1. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger
and onions and saute until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the chicken pieces and season with salt. Cook until slightly browned
on all sides.
3. Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Once boiling, decrease the heat
to low and simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
4. Add the fish sauce and chayotes and cook covered until the chayotes are
tender but still crispy.
5. Check for flavor and adjust accordingly with salt and pepper. Add the basil
leaves and mix just until wilted. Serve hot.
*Panlasang Pinoy: Ginataang Manok.