|Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Straight off from Lidia's website, There was nothing to modify other than to add a simple garnish of basil leaves. I was indulging myself since a friend gave me fresh basil leaves from an organic garden and they smelled heavenly. It was just begging to be used in a culinary way.
Hunter's-Style Chicken with Rosemary - Adapted*
2-3 lbs chicken cut up
1/3 cup olive oil
3 cup diced tomatoes, canned
1 tsp rosemary, dried
8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly
salt and pepper
1. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a deep skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in the olive oil. Do
this in batches if necessary.
3. Once the chicken pieces are browned, add the garlic and the rosemary
into the oil and saute until the garlic has turned golden brown.
4. Pour the diced tomatoes and add about a cup of water to loosen the
5. Bring to a boil and once boiling, cover the skillet and decrease the heat to
medium low. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. Check for flavor and adjust accordingly. The dish is ready when the sauce
is fairly think but still loose.
*Lidia's Italy: Pollo alla Cacciatora recipe.