|Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
After searching for a recipe, I found one that was not only amazing but was also a good read. Anyway, as is the case with me, I changed it up a bit and the end result was definitely a dish you will want to try over and over and over again. Save those skins, people!
Chicken Skin Barbecue
100g chicken skins, sliced into strips
juice of 2 calamondin or half a lemon
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 inch ginger, diced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 small onion, diced
2 bay leaves
For the finishing glaze:
1 tsp annatto seeds
2 tbsp melted butter
1. Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and add the chicken
skins. Marinate for at least an hour in the fridge. Meanwhile, soak the
bamboo skewers in water.
2. Steep the annatto seeds in the melted butter over low heat until it turns
red. Set aside.
3.When ready to grill, thread the skins halfway into the skewers. Do not
thread too much skin on one stick to ensure they cook properly.
4. Over a low burning coal, grill the skins making sure you kill the fire when
the fat starts to burn or just be quick to pull them out.
5. When the skins are lightly browned, brush with the steeped butter on all
sides and return to the grill and cook until slightly charred.
6. Serve immediately. Perfect paired with cold beer as an appetizer.