|Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKichen blogs|
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup olive oil
4 oz bacon
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 celery branch, diced
1/2 tsp rosemary, dried
1/4 tsp thyme, dried
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup black olives
flour for dredging
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and tap off
excess. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan. Fry the chicken pieces until
browned on both sides. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, add the bacon and fry until crisp. Add the onions, celery
and carrots and cook until softened. Add the herbs and cook for another
4. Add the brandy and bring to a boil. Return the chicken pieces and add the
wine vinegar and once boiling, decrease the heat to low. Cover and
simmer until the chicken pieces are cooked. If it gets too dry, add small
amounts of water.
5. Season with salt and pepper and check for flavor. Adjust accordingly. Add
the olives and cook for another 5 minutes. Check for flavor one last time
and serve warm.