Recipes

Friday, October 5, 2012

Coleslaw

Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blog
Okay, I know there is hardly any need for a recipe for this classic side dish but I think this slaw is quite good. The recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart and I have to say, aside from her wedding cake recipe, I hardly use her recipes because she is quite annoying to watch. I tried but I find her very condescending so I usually pass on her recipes. However, this recipe is quite simple and truth be told, looked like a slaw I would love to munch on. I've tried some fairly complicated recipes and ended up with tons of coleslaw that I never wanted to eat again. This however, was really good especially after the flavors melded upon sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours. With a bit of a tweak since I wanted a smaller amount of coleslaw, I cut the amount in half and adjusted the spices according to my taste. 

Coleslaw

1 lb cabbage
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp lemon or calamondin juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 large carrot, grated coarsely
1 onion, grated coarsely
salt

1. Core and shred the cabbage. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the onions and 
    carrots and mix well. 

2. Add the rest of the ingredients and season with about a teaspoon of salt. 
    Cover and let sit in the fridge for two hours. 

3. Stir and check for flavor. Adjust with salt if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment