|Copyright 2015 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Rustic Roasted Chicken Galantine
3-4 shallots, finely diced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
50g pistachios, shelled and roughly diced
1 whole chicken, about 2 lbs
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 lb bacon strips
5 tbsp heavy cream
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup golden raisins
4 tbsp white wine
1/2 tbsp dried thyme
salt and pepper
1. Debone the chicken leaving the leg and wing bones intact. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the shallots
until softened. Let cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except the bacon. Add
the shallots and mix with your hands. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Lay flat the deboned chicken, skin side down and season with salt and
pepper. Layer the bacon strips until it covers the inside of the chicken.
5. Fill with the meat filling and gather the edges securing with a toothpick or
by sewing. Truss the chicken with a butcher's twine and place in the
center of a baking pan lined with aluminum foil seam side down. Baste
with enough olive oil to help brown the skin.
6. Bake for 1 1/2 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F. Let it rest
for 15 minutes covered with foil before slicing.