|Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Weekday Stir Fry
1 lb ground pork
6 oz dried Chow-mien noodles
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups bean sprouts
3 small carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
1 small onion, sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups water
2-3 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
chopped green onions for garnish
salt and pepper
2 tbsp canola oil
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Saute the garlic and
onion until softened.
2. Add the pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook until it loses its pink
color. Add the soy sauce and mix.
3. Add the water and cover to boil. Once boiling, add the cabbage and the
carrots and cook for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are half cooked.
4. Add the noodles and mix well to moisten them. Cover the pan and simmer
until the noodles are cooked. This might take another ten minutes. Check
regularly and move things around to prevent the noodles from sticking at
5. Add the bean sprouts and the oyster sauce. Mix well. Off the heat, drizzle
with the sesame oil and garnish with the green onions.