|Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Cabbage Rolls - Adapted*
1 lb cabbage, shredded finely
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 large egg
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
1-2 tsp salt
4 cups chicken broth
1 large egg + 2 tbsp water, beaten
1 /2 cup flour
1/2-1 cup bread crumbs
pinch of basil and thyme
2-1/2 tsp coarse salt
vegetable oil for frying
1. Bring the broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the shredded cabbage and
cook until softened. Allow to cool and drain.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients with the cooled cabbage and mix well.
Allow to meld in the fridge for 6 hours to overnight.
3. When ready to fry, roll the cabbage mix into 1/4 cup-sized balls. Season
the flour and the breadcrumbs with a pinch of the herbs and 1/2 tsp of
salt. Set them aside in two separate platters. Beat the egg with 2
tablespoons of water in a shallow dish.
4. Take one cabbage mix ball and roll in the seasoned flour. Dip in the egg
mixture and roll again in the breadcrumb mixture. Flatten the patty
before frying in the oil at medium heat.
5. Do the same for the rest of the cabbage mix and fry until golden brown
on both sides. Drain on paper towels and serve warm with a side of tartar
*Louanne's Kitchen blogs: Fried Cabbage Patties.