Recipes

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And so we begin!

Well, I finally caved in. On the very first day that I've decided to forgo meat and sweets, I instead in my masochistic ways decided to create a blog that will catalog the food I make, be it a main dish or a dessert. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep this up but since this is the first post, I'll try to be optimistic and hope for the best. 

Inspired by one of my favorite shows, Lidia's Italy and with prodding from well-meaning friends, my blog will feature both my love for travel (very rare these days) and my love for food. My recipes will feature my favorite meals and will be mainly directed by friends who need a certain recipe for their own personal use. I'll also feature recipes from back home (the Philippines) that will center on the food that I grew up with. My Mom has forgotten most of the simple dishes she served on the kitchen table when I was still going to school in my elementary years I had to cook them again for her to remind her how she used to make them. Sadly, she passed away five years ago but her support in my love for baking (she bought me my first electric mixer when I was 15) and cooking and pretty much else anything I try to do will always be with me. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment