|Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Chicken and Potatoes - Adapted*
2-3 lbs chicken thighs
1 lb baby potatoes, halved
1 large onion, sliced
1/2 lb bacon
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Heat the skillet over medium heat and brown the bacon until crisp and
crunchy. Spoon them out and set aside. Add about half of the vegetable
oil and increase the heat to medium high.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and in the same skillet, brown
the chicken pieces in batches. Set them aside. Add more oil when
needed during the browning process. Reduce the heat to medium.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes and season with salt. Mix well. Fry
them in the same skillet cut side down and fry them until crisp. Invert
the potato halves and fry them until crispy on the other side.
4. Add the onions and rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Mix them
together to saute. Return the chicken pieces and toss them all to
combine. Spread them out on the pan and cook covered for about 7
5. With your spatula, retoss and spread out the chicken and potatoes
making sure that you scrape the browned pieces stuck on the pan. Cook
for another 7 minutes covered.
6. For the last time, toss and combine and cook covered for another 10
minutes. After 10 minutes, scrape with your spatula to release the chicken
and potatoes stuck on the pan. Cook uncovered for another 10 minutes.
7. Check for flavor and correct the seasoning. Crumble the browned bacon
and toss into the mix and garnish with the chopped parsley and a good
drizzling of extra virgin olive oil.
*Lidia's Italy: My Mother's Chicken and Potatoes recipe.