Recipes

Friday, June 27, 2014

Tuna Salad

Copyright 2014 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
A favorite of mine since college, this is one of my favorite sandwich filling since Dunkin Donuts introduced the Tuna Sandwich melt back in the 90s. They still do serve this sandwich but I must say, I now prefer my version over the DD version. Now, one thing I love about my country is that we have this brand of canned tuna which is Century Tuna. They have both the solid and chunk tuna in oil so what you end up getting is a really creamy tuna that has been soaked in olive oil. Once you drain the liquid off the can, you are left with a wonderful tasting tuna that is perfect for this type of preparation. 

Tuna Salad

3 -184 g cans Century Tuna solid in vegetable oil
2 medium carrots, grated on medium grate
1 onion, diced finely
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup pickle relish
1/4 cup celery, diced finely
salt and pepper

1. To prepare the salad, drain the canned tuna and combine with the onions,
    pickle relish, carrots and celery. 

2. Add enough mayonnaise until the salad comes together. Season with salt 
    and pepper. You may not need the whole cup.

3. Store in the fridge covered for at least 2 hours before serving. I like it 
    best as a sandwich filling but it also goes well with celery sticks and 
    Romaine lettuce leaves.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment