Recipes

Monday, April 25, 2011

Cold Soba Noodles with Sesame Seeds

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen Blogs
Lent and my abstinence from meat is over. To mark the occasion, I prepared a steak dinner but I had to somehow find a suitable partner to accompany my sad looking steak. It was then that I realized I had one bundle of soba noodles left in my cupboard. This idea had the makings of a marriage in culinary heaven and as such, it transformed a simple dinner into something more elegant.

Soba noodles is one of the few gluten and egg free noodles made from buckwheat and yam flour. This was a new ingredient to me until I saw it on Nigella's Forever Summer show four or five years ago. I also have had the accompanying book that was purchased after I religiously followed the show. The dish she presented is a fairly simple one made with just a handful of condiments to flavor these gungy looking noodles. Don't let the appearance fool you though as it really is very yummy. 

I'm thus presenting Nigella's Cold Soba Noodles with Sesame Seeds that I lovingly topped with slices of medium rare strips of steak. It was in a word, divine! As for the recipe, it is available on Nigella's website.

1 comment:

  1. It looks very delicious and healthy! I missed your food so much!

    ReplyDelete