|Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Food for the Gods
1 1/4 cup dates, pitted and diced
3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
3/4 cups unsalted butter
1/4 cup butter compound
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a large pan over low heat, melt the butter
and butter compound.
2. Add the sugar to the melted butter and mix well. Allow to cool for about 5
3. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
4. Using a mesh, sift the flour and baking powder over the egg mixture. Mix
well with a wooden spoon. Add the vanilla and mix into the batter.
5. Add the nuts and dates into the batter and combine until just mixed. Pour
into a 9x13 baking pan lined with aluminum foil and bake for about 25-30
minutes. Do not overbake.
6. Cool completely and cut into squares.