|Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Seafood Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
2 lbs spaghetti
2-3 lbs clams/mussels
1 cup white wine
1 30-oz tomatoes, canned
1 lb tomatoes, diced
1 cup black olives, sliced
2 tbsp capers, drained
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
4 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Parmigian Reggiano, grated
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium low heat with the butter.
Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and saute until softened.
2. Add the diced fresh tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until
softened. Add the canned diced tomatoes and stir. Bring to a boil and
lower heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the black olives and
the capers and keep at a simmer.
3. In a large pot, steam the clams over medium high heat in the white wine.
Once the shells open, remove from the fire.
4. In another large pot, cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions. Once
the spaghetti is almost al dente, transfer into the tomato sauce that is
simmering and finish cooking the pasta using the clam/mussel sauce as
the cooking liquid until the pasta is al dente.
5. Add the clams and mussels and toss. Turn off the heat and add the cheese.
Toss one last time and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Drizzle with
more olive oil if desired.