|Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Anyway, the "restaurants" or eateries in the municipality of Miagao offer what they call buttered fried chicken which has become a favorite whenever we eat out. They offer three versions I believe. There is the garlic fried chicken, the regular and then the buttered kind which is our favorite. Well, my favorite anyway.
On a dare, we decided to make this for dinner. This was actually paired with the Chicken Skin barbecue and a side of Mung Bean Stew. So technically, all three were off limits to me. I ended up eating a piece of the buttered chicken and a stick of the barbecue for dinner that night. Hey, the cook has got to eat!
2 lbs chicken pieces
salt and pepper
2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Seasoned Bread Crumbs:
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Spanish paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 large eggs beaten with
2 tbsp water
1. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Let sit for about 5
2. Melt the butter in a deep skillet over medium low heat. While butter is
melting, dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture. Tap off the
excess flour. Do this individually or in small batches.
3. When the butter has melted and ready for frying, dip the dredged
chicken pieces in the egg wash and then roll in the bread crumb mixture.
4. Drop the breaded chicken in the butter and fry about 4 to 5 pieces at a
time. Increase the heat to medium and fry until golden brown on both
sides. Drain on brown paper bags or paper towels.
5. Fry the rest of the chicken pieces in small batches.