Recipes

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Banana Cream Pie

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
I started craving this dessert while in Utah after seeing a lemon pie at one of the places we ate at last week. For some reason, I was seeing Banana Cream Pie and I had to immediately dig for a good recipe once I got back last night. It was a good search since I found two blogs that featured the recipe I wanted so I did not have to write the recipe for you guys. All you needed to do is to follow the trail. I have to say that I did encounter blog envy for both sites and I have not had felt this feeling before which is quite unusual. 

The first blog that led me to the recipe I used is Amanda's Cookin'. She featured a Banana Cream Pie recipe that she also lifted from another blog, Sing for Your Supper... and You'll Get Breakfast. The recipe she featured is surprise, surprise, from Dorie Greenspan, whom I've had the delight to work with, on another one of her recipes, the Opera Cake. 

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
I'm still craving the Baker's Square Banana Cream Pie that is definitely one of my favorite pies but the recipe above is fairly good. Not overly sweet, the pie enhances the sweetness of the bananas and to me, that is a good thing. The only thing I changed is the topping. I used two cups of cold cream and ditched the sour cream. I also used 1/2 tsp of gelatin that I softened in 1/4 cup of warm water. The gelatin is added when you start whipping the cream and once soft peaks are formed, I add the sugar. I also flavored the cream with a tablespoon of white rum and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Top with toasted almonds for added crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment