Recipes

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Part Deux

Leftover Turkey Salad Sandwich
Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
This is one of the few times in almost 15 years that I did not host Thanksgiving dinner. It was a relief actually and although I enjoy the cooking part of this holiday, it was a nice change to be the guest this time around. I spent the holiday with friends and we feasted on turkey breast and the fixins that go with it. It was a simple lunch but it was delicious. I also took home the turkey carcass since I was willing to dispose of it. 

The plan was to actually make a broth out of the carcass but upon further inspection, the bones actually still had enough meat that I was able to make a Turkey salad from it. I ended up with about 2 cups of white turkey meat which I flavored with a teaspoon of sweet pickle relish, 1/2 tsp dried tarragon, a few turns of black pepper and combined with about 1/3 cup of mayonnaise. The sandwich is completed with lettuce leaves, a few slices of Dubliner cheese and a tablespoon of cranberry sauce on a wheat bread. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment