|Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Linguini al Limone - Adapted*
2 lbs dried linguini
1/4 lb bacon, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups heavy cream
salt and pepper
zest of 3 lemons
1. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
2. In a large saucepan, brown the bacon over medium low heat. Add the
butter and the garlic and cook until the garlic is slightly browned.
3. Add the cream and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Keep
warm at low heat.
4. Once the pasta has reached the al dente stage, toss into the warm sauce
and mix until combined. Remove from heat and add about a handful of
5. Serve with a good drizzling of extra virgin olive oil.
* Loren, Sophia: Sophia Loren's Recipes and Memories; GT Publishing, New York: 1998.