Recipes

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lemon Vinaigrette

Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
This is probably now my regular salad dressing and there are surprisingly quite a number of request for the recipe. The truth is, I just followed the basic recipe for a regular raspberry vinaigrette that I loved. I made some changes to the recipe by adding any flavor I want the dressing to impart depending on the type of greens or fruits I want to incorporate into the salad. The ingredient I play around with the most is the vinegar component. If I plan to include a citrus wedge into the salad, I usually cut the amount of vinegar in half and compensate for the difference with the citrus juice. This I think brings the whole dish into harmony in terms of flavor and texture. 

As such, I present a basic recipe that recently got a request so I had to go back and make the dressing with the proper measurements. For this recipe, lemon was incorporated since it is what I have in my fridge. You can definitely add the juice of an orange for a sweeter flavor if that is your preference.

Lemon Vinaigrette

juice of 2 ripe lemons + white wine vinegar to bring the volume to 1/2 cup
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp dried thyme (or Herbes de Provence)
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Mix the first four ingredients together. Stir well until the sugar has 
    dissolved and the mustard is incorporated well. 

2. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking to help emulsify the dressing. 
    Check for flavor and season with salt and pepper. 

3. Store in the fridge if not using right away. This will keep for about a week 
    in the fridge. Thaw to room temperature before using.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment