|Copyright 2013 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Sailor's Stew - Adapted*
2-3 lbs beef, diced into 1-inch cubes
2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
3 large onions, diced
3 garlic cloves
8-10 cups beef broth
4 bay leaves
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
4 tbsp vegetable oil
chopped parsley to garnish
4 tbsp unsalted butter or more if desired
1. In a deep pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the
onions and garlic and saute until softened. Season with salt.
2. Add the bay leaves and black pepper and mix well. Add the beef and toss
with the sauteed onions.
3. Pour in the broth and cook the meat for 20 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and bring back to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and
simmer until the beef is tender.
5. Check for flavor and correct with salt and more pepper if needed. Garnish
with the chopped parsley and top with butter if using.
*Forlag, N.N.; Busck, A., Dining with the Danes, Denmark:2011.