|Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Chicken and Pork Adodo in Coconut Milk
2 lb chicken pieces, skinned
2 lbs pork, cut in large cubes
1 14 oz coconut milk
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 cups water
1 onion, diced
6-8 garlic cloves, crushed
3 bay leaves
1/4 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large pan, heat the oil at medium heat and saute the garlic and
onions. Season with salt and pepper and saute until slightly browned.
Add the bay leaves and cook for another minute.
2. Add the pork and chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Add
the soy sauce, water, and vinegar and bring to a boil. Lower heat to
medium low and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
3. Add half the coconut milk and keep cooking at a simmer until the meats
are done. If the chicken cooks first, pull them out and continue to cook
the pork until tender. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside with
the chicken pieces.
4. Add the brown sugar to the sauce and cook down until thick and almost
halved. Return the chicken and pork pieces until heated through.
5. Prior to serving, add the remaining coconut milk and bring to a boil one
last time. Check for flavor. Serve with steamed white rice.