|Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Chicken Osso Buco Style
2-3 lbs chicken pieces
1 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 medium carrots, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
3 tbsp olive oil
1 16-oz pureed tomato, canned
1 cup chicken broth
Basil leaves and lemon zest, for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry the chicken pieces until
browned. Season with salt. Set aside.
2. Add the celery, carrots, garlic and onions in the same pan and cook until
softened. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the herbs and cook for a minute. Add the tomato puree and the broth
and bring to a boil.
4. Return the chicken pieces and lower the heat to medium low and cook to
a simmer for 30 minutes.
5. When chicken is done, check for flavor and garnish with a sprinkling of the
lemon zest and pieces of basil leaves.