Recipes

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Simple Bread Pudding

Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
My cousin requested that I make bread pudding using the extra white bread she bought for cheap as a snack for the kids at home. Given my usual rich recipes for bread pudding, I decided to create a simple version which will be good enough to eat and serve for special occasions but with minimal effort. I had to search a fairly basic recipe of bread pudding and change it around to suit my needs. An addition that will work well with my nephew are semisweet chocolate chips. The pudding is baked in a baine marie so it cooks a bit longer but the texture you get is velvety and smooth, almost like a flan. 

Simple Bread Pudding

4 cups white bread, diced
1 14-oz condensed milk
2 12-oz evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
4 eggs
1/4 cup margarine, melted and cooled

1. Preheat oven at 300°F and line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil. 

2. In a large bowl, mix the milks with the eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla. 

3. Add the cubed bread into the milk mixture and stir. Add the chocolate 
    chips and melted margarine and stir until just mixed. 

4. Pour the pudding into the prepared pan and bake in a water bath for 
    an hour. 

5. Serve the pudding warm topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment