|Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Spaghetti with a Zing
1 lb spaghetti
1/4 cup garlic, sliced
1 1/2 tsp California red chili powder
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Cook the spaghetti noodles as per packet instructions.
2. Once the pasta is in the pot, heat the olive oil in a deep saute pan over
medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until slightly browned.
3. Lower the heat and add the red chili powder and cook for one minute.
4. Add two cups of pasta water to the pepper mix and increase the heat to
medium. Transfer the noodles into the saute pan and finish cooking until
the noodles are al dente and the sauce has thickened. Add more water
5. Off the heat, add the chopped parsley and the cheese and serve.