|Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 medium onion, chopped
3/4 tsp Cajun powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 lb bacon, diced
2 cup shredded Cheddar/Colby Jack cheese
4 large eggs 2/3 cup half and half
1/4 cup chopped parsley
4 cups very thinly sliced zucchini
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
2. In a saute pan, cook the bacon until it renders its fat and just browned.
Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, cook the onions
until softened. Add to the bacon and let cool.
3. Once cool, add the flour, baking powder, salt, Cajun powder, and
thyme to the cooked onion and bacon.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream. Add egg mixture to the
dry mixture and stir until blended. Fold in the cheese and zucchini.
5. Spread in the prepared baking pan and bake for about 40 - 50 minutes,
until set and lightly browned around the edges. Cool slightly.