|Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Chicken with Olives and Sunflower Seeds - Adapted*
4 lbs chicken pieces
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup black olives
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
white truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Heat the butter and the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Season the chicken with salt and fry on both sides until golden brown. Fry
them in batches.
3. Make room in the center and add the bay leaves and garlic. Cook until the
garlic is lightly browned.
4. Add the broth and increase the heat to medium high. Cover the pan to
steam-cook the chicken. Cook for about 15 minutes.
5. Lower the heat to medium low and add the olives. Cover and cook for
another 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked
6. Check the sauce for flavor and adjust with salt and pepper. Drizzle with
the truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Serve with rice pilaf.
* Lidia's Italy: Pollo con Olives e Pignoli