|Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Arroz Caldo ala Risotto
2 lb chicken
3 cups Arborio rice
1 onion diced
6-8 garlic cloves, minced
4 stalks green onions, finely diced
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt and pepper
2 bay leaves
8 tbsp olive oil
1. In a big pot, heat 3 tablespoons of oil at medium heat and saute half the
onions and a teaspoon of minced garlic until softened. Season with salt
and pepper. Add the bay leaves and saute for another minute.
2. Add the chicken pieces and brown on both sides. Season with salt and
3. Add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes and
check the broth for flavor.
4. To make the risotto, heat 3 tablespoons of oil and saute the onions in
a deep skillet until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the rice and stir until the rice is coated with the oil. At this point,
start adding the broth in small batches until the rice is al dente as
described in the risotto posting. Add the turmeric powder and mix well.
6. To serve, toast the remaining garlic until golden brown at low heat in a
pan with 2 tablespoons oil. Drain on paper towels when browned.
Debone and skin the chicken meat and slice into wedges. Arrange the
chicken pieces on top of the risotto and garnish with the green onion
and toasted garlic. Drizzle sesame oil on the toppings as a final touch.