|Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
- This recipe of Caesar Salad is a bit more involved and has a lot more ingredients compared to the simple version I originally posted. The main reason for this second posting is really to simply get rid of a head of iceberg lettuce that I have and also to use a can of anchovies that I bought for no reason a long time ago. Not really sure why but I grabbed it and I have had it in my cupboard for some time now.
- Caesar Salad 2
- 2 extra-large egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 10 anchovy fillets with the oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup good mild olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 head of Iceberg lettuce
mustard, garlic, egg yolks, and lemon juice. Whisk well until mixed
the cheese and whisk until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve right away.
This recipe is a bit on the lemony side so if you prefer a milder creamy dressing, this is not the one for you.