Recipes

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Caesar Salad 2

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
  • This recipe of Caesar Salad is a bit more involved and has a lot more ingredients compared to the simple version I originally posted. The main reason for this second posting is really to simply get rid of a head of iceberg lettuce that I have and also to use a can of anchovies that I bought for no reason a long time ago. Not really sure why but I grabbed it and I have had it in my cupboard for some time now. 
The salad came up as something that needed to be made too since I planned to make my oven-baked chicken and a fresh cold Caesar salad is the best accompaniment to a crunchy chicken hot from the oven. The inspiration for the presentation of the salad came from the restaurant Rainforest Cafe at the Gurnee Mills mall in Illinois. My friend ordered a Caesar salad and she was handed half a head of lettuce. It looked weird yet tasty and lettuce never looked the same to me since then.  

  • Caesar Salad 2

  • 2 extra-large egg yolk at room temperature
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp stone ground mustard
  • 2 small cloves garlic, minced
  • 10 anchovy fillets with the oil
  • 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 
  • Kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup good mild olive oil
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 head of Iceberg lettuce
1. In a bowl, mince the anchovies including the oil it came with. Add the 
    mustard, garlic, egg yolks, and lemon juice. Whisk well until mixed 
    very well.

2. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking until thick and emulsified. Add 
    the cheese and whisk until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper. 

3. Cut the lettuce in large wedges and drizzle the dressing on top. 
    Serve right away. 

This recipe is a bit on the lemony side so if you prefer a milder creamy dressing, this is not the one for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment