Recipes

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Checkerboard Cake

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
This is one of those instances when the appearance of the cake is better than the actual taste. I've never tasted this cake before but the design of the cake was very intriguing to me so I decided to give it a try. I have a recipe from one of my baking cookbooks and although most of the the recipes in the said book have resulted to spectacular cakes, this one failed to even sizzle. It was in a word, disappointing. Those who tried it though said they liked it but as I am ever the critical baker, this cake did not pass my muster. 

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
Overall, the cake is beautiful, I just wish it was a lot moister. The texture was a cross between a pound cake and a biscotti which can choke you when not eaten with a hot cup of coffee. Thank goodness we did, so it was somehow palatable. Even the copious amounts of syrup and jam used to soak the cake did not seem to have any effect on it. I guess, I can keep going on and on disliking the cake but here it is to enjoy visually, at least, because it is a beautiful cake, sadly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment