Recipes

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crushed Pineapple with Butter Spread

Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
Last Christmas, I made the cheese pimiento spread which is a throwback to my childhood back in the Philippines. While working on that post, I remembered another childhood favorite that might make most of you cringe but believe me, it is delicious. Now, this recipe will not win points with your doctor but if you eat it sparingly, I think you'll be fine. It is quite hard to resist it though.

Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
Concocted by my Mom's friend for one of my birthday parties, this became a favorite when my friends came over at the house to hang out. The main ingredients is unsalted butter and it is paired with, get ready for this, crushed pineapple. The two are held together by condensed milk and you end up with a consistency of creamy crumbled butter. One thing that is also important to note is that this spread is perfect with white bread. I don't know why but it just does.

Crushed Pineapple with Butter Spread

1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
2/3 cup crushed pinapple, drained
1/2 cup condensed milk

1. Grate the butter using the large grate of your box grater. Keep cool. Add 
    the pineapple and milk and mix well.

2. Allow the spread to rest for at least an hour in the fridge. Mix with a fork 
    to break the lumps prior to spreading on a piece of white bread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment