Recipes

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pizza Party

Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
Today was a good day to have dinner with friends and what's unusual is that I'm not even in charge of the food. I was given the task to make the ragu and the pesto sauce for our pizza party. Somebody made the dough and others were told to bring the toppings and the cheese. One other issue is the presence of lactose intolerant guests so we had to make some of the pizza with rice cheese which is fairly good actually. For this dinner, we made three pizzas: regular, non-dairy and pesto-based. 

Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
As always, I have to go beyond what is expected of me and even though I was only in charge of making the sauces, I also decided to make a salad and a non-dairy coffee cake. The salad was easy since I still have my Lou Malnati's dressing from last week. I had to make a slight change since bacon will not be a welcome addition and regular parmesan is also not going to cut it. I ended up using cranberries to impart its dark pink color reminiscent of friend bacon and for the cheese, I used Pecorino Romano which is a hard dry cheese with a sharp tang to it. 

Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
The dessert I made is the the Blackberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake which I turned non-dairy and I also served my remaining tiramisu which I topped with raspberries. All in all, it was a good time had by all. We are now planning the next theme dinner and Mexican has been considered the next possible route. I could sway it to either Indian or Filipino but we'll just have to wait and see. Oh, incidentally, this dinner inspired me to make my own pizza dough which I will feature in a separate post including the ragu recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment