Recipes

Monday, July 4, 2011

Raspberry Chocolate Ruffle cake

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
After I posted the blackberry version of this cake, some friends commented on how they wanted to try and make the cake so I figured, now is a good time to give it one more try and this time, with raspberries. For the 4th of July celebration, I thought it would be the perfect time to serve this cake. Having made this cake twice already, I wanted to be more faithful to the original recipe this time around. I had my copy of the cookbook, Baking with Julia, where the recipe is featured on hand and I also rewatched the video to make sure that I'm not missing anything while making this cake. 

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
Taking into consideration the amount of time I spent working on this cake, here's the rundown: it took me about 2 hours to make the chocolate ruffles, another hour to make the cake, about a whole day to make the creme fraiche (a lot of inactive time) and another 2 hours to pre-assemble the cake. I also needed another thirty minutes to complete the final assembly. It seems like a lot of work put into making one single cake but was it all worth it?

Hell yeah! It was delicious and was even better with the raspberries. It really balances the insane amount of chocolate. The cake itself was feather light and the creme fraiche just enhances the sweetness of the cake as well. All in all, this cake is all about balance in terms of flavors and textures.You should definitely give it a try, at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment