Recipes

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Skillet Braised Chicken Bundles - Fagottini di Pollo

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
I was watching Lidia's Italy last week (not a big surprise since the show is on DVR) but she made two dishes that I decided to both cook this weekend. One of them, the Skillet Braised Chicken Bundles is a step up from a similar dish my cousin taught me a long time ago. She made this chicken casserole where you the wrap chicken pieces with bacon, layer them in a baking pan then you add some sliced mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup, about a cup of water and bake covered with foil at 350F for about an hour or until the chicken pieces are cooked. It was simple and delicious and a time saver I might add. 

This version of Lidia has a more Italian slant but the idea is quite similar. It is definitely a bit more involved but the flavors are really wonderful and the extra time needed to prepare this dish is definitely worth it. I served it with rice pilaf and sauteed asparagus (the recipes will be posted quite soon ) and all in all, it was a wonderful dinner meal. I followed the recipe quite religiously except that during the baking process, I transferred the bundles with the concentrated sauce in a baking dish and topped with the cheese at the very last minute prior to serving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment