Couscous with Clementine and Dried Fruits
2 cups couscous
2 2/3 cup vegetable broth
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
zest of 3 clemintines
diced clementine slices (from the 3 clementines)
1/4 cup dried pitted dates, diced
1/4 cup dried apricots, diced
1/4 cup dried plums, diced
1 15-oz chickpeas, canned
1/2 cup diced olives
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and saute
until slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the apricots, dates and the zest and saute for two minutes. Add the
broth and bring to a boil.
3. Once the broth has come to a boil, add the couscous and stir to mix.
Turn off the heat and cover the pot for 5-10 minutes.
4. Once the liquid has been absorbed, fluff the couscous and add in the
olives, chickpeas and the plums. Mix well.
5. Add the parsley and clementine slices and toss to mix and serve right
away while still warm.