|Copyright 2012 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
2 3.75 oz smoked oysters, canned
1/4 cup unsalted butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lb mushrooms, diced
4 cups fresh spinach
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
2 tbsp chopped pasrley
1/3 cup grated cheese
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Black truffle oil
1 lb spaghetti, cooked as per packet instructions
1. Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions. As soon as you add the pasta in
the salted water, heat a large sauce pan over medium low heat. Melt the
butter and add the garlic. Cook until the garlic turns a light golden brown.
2. Pour half of the garlic butter into a bowl with the Panko bread crumbs. Mix
well and set aside. To the garlic butter in the pan, return to the stove at
medium heat and add the mushrooms, red pepper flakes and olive oil to
saute. Season with salt and pepper until the mushrooms are slightly
3. Add the wine to deglaze the pan and let it bubble for one minute. Add the
oysters and mix well to heat through.
4. Add the spinach and the pasta from the cooking pot into the pan and mix
well until the spinach leaves have wilted. Add the buttered Panko and mix
well. Check for flavor and adjust accordingly with salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle the truffle oil and chopped parsley and toss the pasta one last time
before serving. Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano on the side.