Pound Cake and Chocolate Banana Bread
Copyright 2012 LtDan’sKitchen blogs
1 1/2 cup flour
4 tbsp corn starch
1/2 lb unsalted butter, 2 sticks softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp rum
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup half and half
1. In a bowl, sift the flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan. Tap the excess
2. In your mixer bowl, beat the butter at medium speed using the paddle
attachment. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until light
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Decrease
the speed to low.
4. Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk starting and
ending with the dry ingredients.
5. Add the zest, vanilla and rum and beat just to mix. Pour the batter into
the prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted comes out clean.
6. Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Run a sharp knife on the sides
and tap the cake out of the pan. Let cool on a wire rack until ready to