|Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs|
Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
Chocolate Crepes with Plums and Brandy - Adapted*
2 oz semisweet chocolate
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
1 cup flour
1. In a small pot over low heat, heat the milk until the chocolate is melted.
Transfer to a blender or food processor and add the rest of the
ingredients. Blitz until smooth.
2. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
3. To make the crepes, heat a crepe or saute pan over medium heat and
lightly grease the pan with oil.
4. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and quickly spread it
around until it coats the pan. Let it cook for about two minutes or until
set and then flip. Cook for another minute or two. Transfer to a warm
plate and continue making the crepes until you have about 10-12 crepes.
1 1/2 lb red plums
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp brandy
3/4 cup creme fraiche
1. Halve and pit the plums. Lay in a sauce pan over medium heat cut side
down and add the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to
low and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
2. Add the brandy and simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and keep
5 oz semisweet chocolate
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp brandy
To make the sauce, melt the chocolate in the cream over low heat in a small pot. Once melted, turn off the heat and add the brandy.
To assemble, arrange a plum and a dollop of creme fraiche on a crepe. Fold crepe into half and into quarters and transfer to a plate. Do the same for the remaining filling and crepe. Plan for two crepes per serving. Drizzle with the plum syrup and the hot chocolate sauce.
*France, C., Chocolate Ecstasy, Sweet Water Press, Alabama: 1996.