Recipes

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Lunch 2011

Beef Short Ribs in Hoisin Sauce with Canadian Whiskey
Copyright 2011 LtDan’sKitchen blogs

I made this dish some time ago using regular beef ribs and Bass beer to braise the beef. For our Christmas lunch, I made this dish once again but with short ribs this time that my cousin had in her freezer and using 12 fluid ounce of Black Velvet Canadian Whiskey and I have to say, the dish came out really great, much better than when I used beer to braise the beef. I do suggest you give this a try since you can barely taste the alcohol after cooking it for over 2 hours plus an additional 30 minutes more once you add the Hoisin sauce. By then, all the alcohol has evaporated and you are left with a very mild smokey flavor which I think is just perfect for this cut of meat.

Copyright 2011 LtDan'sKitchen blogs
Another repeat offender is the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. Working with limited equipment, I had to make do with what is available and it was still as good as it always has been. I have to admit, it will be very hard to tire of this dessert. It simply is just divine. For really special occasions, this dessert will definitely not disappoint. The trick is to use really good ingredients and you end up with something out of this world. I do hope that one of you brave souls do give this dessert a try.  

Well, that's it for now. From my kitchen to yours, Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment